The Healthy Home in the Valley is a demonstration project being constructed in Selah, Washington. Built by Steve Weise, Inc., the project aims to increase awareness of health and indoor-air quality. It will showcase products and systems that may help improve the air-quality of the home.
"We are looking to demonstrate how to build a home that implements safe, non-toxic alternatives to toxic building materials. Our hope is that our new home will provide a toxic free environment in which our children can thrive" Tricia Smith, Homeowner.
The project will be thoroughly documented on this website, progression and finish photography, educational presentations and media outreach, culminating in public and industry tours and events when the home is completed in July, 2009. Design decisions, product choices, and construction methods will be explained and shown, with resources provided for individuals wanting to learn more. The project will be seeking certification through Central Washington Built Green®, ENERGY STAR Homes®, and NAHB Green Building Program®.
Mapleway, Selah, Washington
- Project Owners: Bryan and Tricia Smith
- Builder: Steve Weise
- Marketing & Technical Consultant: Brenda Nunes, Sustainability Foundation
- Marketing & Certification: Carly Faul, Central Washington Built Green Association
- Verification: Mark Hughey, Green Energy Management
- Media Relations: Isen and Company